- For slightly DRY bread, use a lower setting (1-3) on the Browning Control Knob.
- FRESH bread or WHOLE WHEAT bread use a higher setting (4-6) on the browning control knob.
- Thick cuts of bread like BAGELS take longer to toast since more moisture must be evaporated from the bread before toasting occurs.
- If you will toast bread with pieces of fruits, please remove all loose pieces before toasting.
- These can fall into the toaster or stick to the guard wires.
- Before toasting bagels, slice them into two equal halves; place them in the toaster with the cut sides facing each other.
- For Toasting a single slice, use a lower setting (1-3) on the browning control knob.
- Use caution when toasting pastries as their fillings can become very hot before the surface of the pastry becomes brown.